Las Vegas NV, Los Angeles CA
2006- Present, CEO
California State University, Los Angeles
1976 – 1980: Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
Arabic, French, and English.
1996 – 2006, Vice President of Operations
- 52 story high rise Planet Hollywood Hotel & Casino ($750 M)
- LA Unified School district and LA world airport projects.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit projects of San Bruno and South City Train Stations.
- Oakland Arena ($120 M). Consisted of demolition of existing interior structure and rebuilding 20K seats, 72 luxury suites, three high end clubs and NHL ice rink. Accelerated schedule of 24/7 work completed in 9 months.
1990 – 1996, Project Manager
- Oakland Coliseum Project Design Build ($140 M). Consisted of a football stadium that included 90 suites, a major 40,000 SF sports club with food services. Upgrade and addition to the A’s baseball stadium including new sports club. Press box, full kitchen and concession stands. Accelerated 24/7 schedule completed in 8 months.
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum ($120 M). Renovation and seismic upgrade project. Consisted of major demolition, complete facility renovation and seismic reinforcement. Accelerated 24/7 schedule completed in 7 months.
- Los Angeles Central Library Expansion ($138 M). Consisted of major demolition, restoration of the main building artifacts, complete renovation, seismic reinforcement, and completion of a new section. New section consisted of a nine story steel and concrete structure with an adjacent auditorium.
1986 – 1990, Assistant Project Manager
- Sewage Treatment Plant at the Hyperion Facility ($60 m). Consisted of a pumping station, effluent/influent channels, and duct banks.
- San Diego Convention Center Facility ($160 m). Coordinated all sub-contractors activities, reviewed and negotiated change order proposals with owner’s representatives, coordinated field changes with structural and architectural engineers, provided guidance for the contractor’s Quality Control program. Other responsibilities included initial project set-up and follow-up through the construction phase until completion.
Project: Beach Resort ($200 m)
Management and supervision of 1,200 residential units including an underground shopping center and swimming pools. Performed contract negotiations and buy-out of all subcontracts. Coordinated all field operations. Self-performed concrete and reinforcement.
Project: International Terminal at Oman Airport ($140 m)
Expansion of runway and taxiways and erection of C-130 hangers at Seeb airport.